Monday 4 May 2009

Life plan?


Geeky reference aside, I find this image quite poignant, and it highlights the questions already at the front of my mind- Where am I headed? Life plans? What am i going to be doing in 10 years time? It's all really up in the air. Are any of these routes worth taking? Honestly, no. They're not. Look how all of them end. They all end the same way. Whether that's "die alone", "retire in poverty and die poor", "live the dream and burn out young"... whatever. It really doesn't matter, does it? Everybody dies. So why do we not think about eternity? Surely what happens after you get hit by the bus, or die quietly in your sleep, surely THAT is of immense importance. People! Wake up! Look at the big picture! If I don't know what's gonna happen when my heart stops beating, then I should really find out! Where am I heading? That's a question worth asking. Lord, open our eyes!

No comments: